Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion
NOTE: New Q&A Responses and Draft Addendum No. 2 materials listed below
Finding of Public Interest
- Document released on January 11, 2017
Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
The Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was released on December 15, 2017.
- One-on-one Sessions The Department invites interested Offeror-teams to participate in confidential, optional one-on-one sessions to be held in Hampton Roads to discuss any questions related to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) issued December 15, 2017. The sessions will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis and may be requested through email to HRBTProject@vdot.virginia.gov, noting any preferred time slots among the following:
Session No. Time 1 Monday, February 5, 2018: 11:00-12:00 noon 2 Monday, February 5, 2018: 1:00-2:00 pm 3 Monday, February 5, 2018: 2:30-3:30 pm 4 Monday, February 5, 2018: 4:00-5:00 pm 5 Tuesday, February 6, 2018: 8:30-9:30 am
Interested Offeror-teams shall submit a proposed agenda to the email address above by Thursday, February 1, 12:00 noon, consisting of:
1. The list of attendees – will be limited to 8 persons, and must identify the attendee’s affiliation and proposed role in the Offeror-team;
2. Suggested topics for discussion – must materially relate to the RFQ; and
3. Questions for the Department – must materially relate to the RFQ.
The Department may decline to address topics and questions not included in the proposed agenda. The Department’s responses to questions given during the session may be documented in addenda to the RFQ.
Only requests for appointments from Offeror-teams will be accepted. Requests from individual firms will not be accommodated.
- New! RFQ Redline-version Addendum Number 2
- New! RFQ – Addendum Number 2 unmarked
- New! RFQ – Addendum Number 2 – Form B
- NEW! Responses to Questions received by February 23, 2018.
- Responses to Questions received by January 26, 2018. Note potential Offerors now have until February 7, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to submit questions. The Department will respond to questions received on or before this date by February 12, 2018.
- Unmarked Addendum Number 1
- Redline-version Addendum Number 1
- Addendum Number 1 Form B
- Optional Project Information Meeting was held on January 19, 2018, at the Norfolk Airport DoubleTree Hotel. View the presentation. List of attendees is available here.
- Preliminary Responses to Questions received as of January 10, 2018.
- Addenda may be issued on modifications to the RFQ resulting from responses to questions received.
- HRBT Request for Qualifications
- HRBT Term Sheet
- HRBT SOQ Transmittal Letter
- LINK to Commonwealth’s procurement site “eVA”
- Press Release December 15, 2017
Transportation Public-Private Partnerships Steering Committee Meeting
The first meeting of the Transportation Public-Private Partnership Steering Committee (Steering Committee) for the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) occurred Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017.
The Steering Committee was presented with the public sector analysis and competition (PSAC) report for review. Their concurrence of the report indicated:
- PSAC report was fully and reasonably developed,
- Reflects the best interests of the public,
- And found the term sheet developed for the proposed procurement contains all necessary elements.
Deliberations and concurrence from the Steering Committee has determined the optimal delivery method is as a design-build project procured under the PPTA.
LIVE STREAM: https://www.youtube.com/user/vdotweb.
On June 12, 2017, the High-Level Screening Report was signed by the Commissioner of Highways, advancing the project into the Detail-Level Screening phase to further analyse the benefits and challenges associated with the two delivery models under consideration (Design-build and Design-build-finance-operate-maintain). The results will inform the decision on which procurement model will be used to deliver the project.
Request for Information
Potential proposers were invited to submit response letters with input on procurement and delivery options for the Project. VDOT received responses from 12 contractor and developer entities.
- Request For Information
- HRBT RFI Response Letters
- HRBT RFI Industry Forum Presentation
- HRBT RFI Industry Registered Attendees
An industry forum was held April 3, 2017 in Hampton, Virginia to provide an opportunity to learn more about the project. Materials from the event are posted here.
Visit www.HRBTexpansion.org for more information on the project.
Project News Links