Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion
Draft Request for Proposals (Draft RFP)
The Draft RFP may also be accessed via “eVA’s” website https://vendor.epro.cgipdc.com/webapp/VSSAPPX/Advantage
DIVISION 1 AMENDMENTS
Firms With Conflict of Interest
LIST OF FIRMS WITH CONFLICT OF INTEREST (As of May 21, 2018)
Proposers and other concerned parties are encouraged to regularly visit this page for updates on this list.
Three private-sector teams will be invited to submit technical proposals and prices to design and construct the Interstate 64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion. VDOT has concluded its evaluation of Statements of Qualifications (SOQs) with the shortlisting of private-sector teams, with three submitting SOQs to the department on March 2, 2018.
The RFQ gave the teams the option of submitting an SOQ under both or either a Bored Tunnel construction method or an Immersed Tube Tunnel construction method. Both construction methods are currently under consideration by the department. The shortlisted teams are below in alphabetical order:
Hampton Roads Capacity Constructors (shortlisted for Bored Tunnel and Immersed Tube Tunnel construction methods)
Lead contractors: Fluor Enterprises Inc. / The Lane Construction Corp. / Traylor Bros. Inc. / Dragages Civil Works Virginia Inc.
Lead designer: AECOM Technical Services Inc.
Design support: Michael Baker International / Royal HaskoningDHV and Witteveen+Bos Joint Venture / Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers
Kindly visit the HRCC team website at: www.hrcapacityconstructors.com where you can fill a Notice of Interest Forms that will allow you to enter your information directly into the site. You may also reach them through email at: opportunities@HRCapacityConstructors.com .
Hampton Roads Connector Partners (shortlisted for Bored Tunnel and Immersed Tube Tunnel construction methods)
Lead contractors: Dragados USA Inc. / VINCI Construction Grands Projets SAS / Dodin Campenon Bernard SAS Joint Venture
Lead designer: I-64 Design Joint Venture (HDR Engineering Inc. / Mott MacDonald)
Design support: Whitman Requardt and Associates LLP / Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc. / Precision Measurements Inc. / AI Engineers Inc. / GET Solutions Inc. / Mattern & Craig / Athavale Lystad & Associates Inc./ Diversified Property Services Inc.
HRCP may be reached via email at: contact@HamptonRoadsConnector.com (for general inquiries), dbe@HamptonRoadsConnector.com (for DBE and SWaM matters), and estimating@HamptonRoadsConnector.com (other suppliers and subs).
Skanska Kiewit Joint Venture (shortlisted for Immersed Tube Tunnel construction method) NOTE: Skanska Kiewit JV has withdrawn from competition)
Lead contractors: Skanska USA Civil Southeast Inc. / Kiewit Infrastructure Co.
Lead designer: WSP USA Inc.
Design support: COWI / Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc / CAPITA
All three teams will be invited to submit detailed technical proposals and binding prices in fall 2018 for one tunnel construction method.
Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
The Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was released on December 15, 2017.
- One-on-one Sessions The Department invited interested Offeror-teams to participate in confidential, optional one-on-one sessions held in Hampton Roads to discuss any questions related to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) issued December 15, 2017. Interested Offeror-teams submit proposed agenda to the email address above by Thursday, February 1, 12:00 noon, consisting of:
1. The list of attendees – will be limited to 8 persons, and must identify the attendee’s affiliation and proposed role in the Offeror-team;
2. Suggested topics for discussion – must materially relate to the RFQ; and
3. Questions for the Department – must materially relate to the RFQ.
The Department may decline to address topics and questions not included in the proposed agenda. The Department’s responses to questions given during the session may be documented in addenda to the RFQ.
Only requests for appointments from Offeror-teams will be accepted. Requests from individual firms will not be accommodated.
- RFQ Redline-version Addendum Number 2
- RFQ – Addendum Number 2 unmarked
- RFQ – Addendum Number 2 – Form B
- Responses to Questions received by February 23, 2018.
- Responses to Questions received by January 26, 2018. Note potential Offerors now have until February 7, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to submit questions. The Department will respond to questions received on or before this date by February 12, 2018.
- Unmarked Addendum Number 1
- Redline-version Addendum Number 1
- Addendum Number 1 Form B
- Optional Project Information Meeting was held on January 19, 2018, at the Norfolk Airport DoubleTree Hotel. View the presentation. List of attendees is available here.
- Preliminary Responses to Questions received as of January 10, 2018.
- Addenda may be issued on modifications to the RFQ resulting from responses to questions received.
- HRBT Request for Qualifications
- HRBT Term Sheet
- HRBT SOQ Transmittal Letter
- LINK to Commonwealth’s procurement site “eVA”
Transportation Public-Private Partnerships Steering Committee Meetings
The first meeting of the Transportation Public-Private Partnership Steering Committee (Steering Committee) for the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) occurred Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017.
The Steering Committee was presented with the public sector analysis and competition (PSAC) report for review. Their concurrence of the report indicated:
- PSAC report was fully and reasonably developed,
- Reflects the best interests of the public,
- And found the term sheet developed for the proposed procurement contains all necessary elements.
Deliberations and concurrence from the Steering Committee has determined the optimal delivery method is as a design-build project procured under the PPTA.
The second meeting of the PPTA Steering Committee took place on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 10am. The Steering Committee was presented with an overview of the project status and a recommendation from the Commissioner that the FOPI signed in December 2017 remained valid.
Presentation by Dr. Morteza Farajian and the Commissioner of Highways.
Project Finding of Public Interest
- Document released on January 11, 2017
- Reaffirmed at May 9, 2018 Transportation Public-Private Partnerships Steering Committee meeting
On June 12, 2017, the High-Level Screening Report was signed by the Commissioner of Highways, advancing the project into the Detail-Level Screening phase to further analyse the benefits and challenges associated with the two delivery models under consideration (Design-build and Design-build-finance-operate-maintain). The results inform the decision on which procurement model will be used to deliver the project.
Request for Information
Potential proposers were invited to submit response letters with input on procurement and delivery options for the Project. VDOT received responses from 12 contractor and developer entities.
- Request For Information
- HRBT RFI Response Letters
- HRBT RFI Industry Forum Presentation
- HRBT RFI Industry Registered Attendees
An industry forum was held April 3, 2017 in Hampton, Virginia to provide an opportunity to learn more about the project. Materials from the event are posted here.
Visit www.HRBTexpansion.org for more information on the project
May 11, 2018 – “Shortlist for Hampton Roads subsea link, ” Tunnel Talk
December 15, 2017- Press Release